All Big Cat ® Electric Bikes come standard with a 1 year manufacture warranty. In order for Big Cat ® and Bigcatbikes.com to honor your warranty, it is required for you (the owner) to register your warranty within 30 days of receiving your bicycle. You can register your warranty here.
Upon presentation of the original receipt of purchase, the buyer shall be entitled to the warranty services as set forth in the following provisions.
Products covered by the warranty
The warranty covers all Big Cat®-specific components that are available exclusively from authorized Big Cat® dealers and resellers (such as ElectricBikeandSkate.com) hereinafter referred to as Big Cat® products.
The warranty extends exclusively to Big Cat ® products that are new and exhibit a material or production defect. All other parts and components shall be excluded from this warranty. Original bike components supplied by other manufacturers (in other words, non-Big Cat ® products) shall be subject to the warranty provisions of the manufacturer in question.
All Models: 1 year
Scope of the warranty services
Big Cat® assures the following services on the basis of this warranty throughout the respective warranty periods:
· At the discretion of Big Cat ® , repair or replacement with parts/components of the same value, whereby the replacement may vary from that being replaced with regard to the model and/or color;
· Big Cat ® grants a 1-year warranty on a repair performed or replacement part fitted during the warranty period due to a material or production defect, irrespective of other warranty periods;
· If a Big Cat ® bike is exchanged in full for a new one due to a material or production defect, the same warranty provisions as for a newly purchased Big Cat ® bike shall apply.
The following components/parts and circumstances shall be excluded from this warranty or lead to exclusion from this warranty:
- If the vehicle is technically modified without the approval of the manufacturer
- Subsequent conversion/installation of incompatible or non-original parts
- Wearing parts (parts that would normally wear with normal to moderate use)
- Non-Big Cat® parts/components
- Any modification of the version as delivered
- Repairs that have not been carried out by trained specialists or Authorized Big Cat® dealers
- Inappropriate use/transport (extreme off road conditions such as stunts)
- Missing service inspections within an appropriate period
- Inappropriate maintenance/operation/upkeep
- Damage resulting from omitted or incorrect adjustment(s) or worn components
- Consequences of a fall
- Damage caused by climatic conditions or normal wear
- Damage due to unsuitable cleaning agents, utensils such as high-pressure cleaners or the additives used
- Commercial lending/transfer
The following parts shall constitute wearing parts and be excluded from this warranty:
- Bump stops in forks and shock systems (applies to models with suspension fork)
- Coatings on fork stanchions and shock absorber pistons (applies to models with suspension fork)
- Moving parts made from rubber
- Brake pads & Brake disks
- Seals & Springs
- Rim flanges/brake surfaces
- Freewheel bodies
- Slide rings and plain bushes
- Bar grips and handlebar tape
- Cassettes, cogs, chain rings
- Bearings and bearing seatings
- Airtight seals/O-rings
- Shifting lever rubber coatings & Shifting components
- Foam parts
- Fenders & chain guide
- Actuating cables and outer sleeves
- Dust rings
Assertion and procedure of warranty claims:
Warranty claims are to be submitted to Electric Bike & Skate. The warranty period shall run from the date of sale/registration or activation (whichever is the sooner).
Electric Bike & Skate shall report your warranty claim, including a description and the serial numbers of the defective parts and the frame number, to Big Cat®, which shall decide on the further procedure immediately upon receipt of the warranty claim. Should clarification require the parts to be checked, these shall be removed and submitted to Big Cat® in a clean state.
The warranty provisions of Big Cat® are comprehensive and definitive. In particular, no party (including the Big Cat® dealer) is or shall be authorized by Big Cat ® to grant any guarantees or other warranty entitlements or rights over and above these warranty provisions.